FIBERGLASS SCRIM 50 g/m2 - BICOscrim
Alkali-resistant fiberglass scrim made from continuous glass filament yarn laid down in an open mesh structure and chemically bonded together.
DESTINATION AND FIELD OF USE
- The 50 g/m2 reinforcement fiberglass scrim – BICOscrim is specially designed for the reinforcement, by lamination processes, of various industrial products (nonwoven, foils, papers), as EPDM membranes, synthetic membranes, roofing membranes, vapor control underlays, thermo reflective aluminum foils and other applications used both in industrial and civil buildings;
- Another segnificant use of the 50 g/m2 reinforcement fiberglass scrim – BICOscrim is for the manufacture of self-adhesive fiberglass tape, used to join the plaster boards and to prevent cracks in walls and ceilings;
- For the reinforcement of various panels made of concrete, plaster, mortar, EPS;
- Reinforcement element for the installation of mosaic tiles and marble pavements;
- For the reinforcement of packaging industry products.
- High dimensional stability (guarantees the same tensile strength both on machine direction and cross machine direction);
- Reinforcement fiberglass – BICOscrim substantially improves the mechanical strength of the finished product in which it is integrated;
- High puncture resistance;
- Alkali resistant;
- Minimum thickness and weight;
- Excellent flatness that allows a uniform impregnation during the lamination process.
The manufacturer S.C. BICO INDUSTRIES S.A. has implemented an integrated management system: quality, environment, occupational health and safety, according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and SR OHSAS 18001 - AEROQ certificates.
CLASSIFICATION ACCORDING TO CHEMICAL REGULATIONS.
POSSIBLE RISKS, PREVENTION PRESCRIPTIONS
Reinforcement fiberglass scrim does not require marking and is not a dangerous product.
According to Regulation (EC) no. 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council, fiberglass reinforcement does not require a safety data sheet.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS, STORAGE, TRANSPORT
- Specific conditions: the storage should be organized in clean and dry places, at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C, protected for direct radiation of any source of heat or by the direct action of sunlight;
- The storage: it should be stored in rolls positioned vertically, in suitable and covered places;
- The transport it should be organized in rolls, positioned vertically on pallets, with suitable and covered trucks.